16 February 2011

The Snowpacalypse

I'll be the first person to admit that I hate winter.  I hate the cold, I hate the bleak skies, I hate how long it lasts, I hate the grey snow and I hate how it's hard for me to deal with. 
during the blizzard
Winter is just not my thing.  Unfortunately I've never been able to get away from it.  One of my big life goals is simply to spend winter once in a warm place where they don't have SAD.  Can you imagine?  I know I can't.  As it turns out, winter has also impeded my desire to take pictures and to get out of the car when I travel.  So it's put kind of a damper on AbandonedHG, but with a current warm spell (60s anyone?) that's almost erased this month's massive amounts of snow, I'm starting to feel a flicker of hope.
snow day!
For today, I'm going to leave you with some images of the snow in my area, a day when the weather made it necessary for everybody to abandon the outdoors and stay inside (except for those of us who can't get enough of the feeling of wonderment when people leave behind what they've made.)  Just know this, we'll be back very, very soon- before winter's even over!
the abandoned highway
big trucks moving snow
i like to move it, move it
good luck with that
the roads were only fit for skiers
the courthouse
snow dunes

No comments:

Post a Comment